Mitchell O. “Mickey” Palmer is a Manatee County native and a 40-plus year member of The Florida Bar. As Of Counsel for Grimes Galvano, Mr. Palmer focuses on local government law, real estate development agreements, eminent domain, and construction law and litigation.
Mr. Palmer began his legal career as an Assistant State Attorney practicing in both the Sixth and Twelfth Judicial Circuit(s) of Florida. Later, he was an Assistant County Attorney for Manatee County Government for 13 years, after which he practiced for 12 years in the private law sector, including 10 years with Williams Parker Harrison Dietz & Getzen (Sarasota’s largest locally based law firm). Mr. Palmer then returned to government service as the County Attorney for Manatee County—a position he held for nine years.
Mr. Palmer has represented both government entities and private property owners in eminent domain. He has represented government owners, private owners, general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers in construction law and contract disputes.
Mr. Palmer has a particular interest in the law of contracts and has taught contract writing courses for both lawyers and non-lawyers.
- B.S. in Business Management, Florida State University (1977)
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (1981)
- Former board member, President and tutor, Literacy Council of Manatee County
- Former member, Bradenton Rotary Club
- Former member, American Cancer Society Cattle Baron’s Ball Committee
- Bidder Beware: Construction Contracting By and With Local Governments in Florida, Florida Bar Journal, June 2018
Bar & Other Professional Affiliations
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, City, County, and Local Government Law Section of The Florida Bar
- “AV” (Preeminent) rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member and former President, Manatee County Bar Association
- Former member, Sarasota County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in the federal district court, Middle District of Florida
- Admitted to practice in the Eleventh Circuit Federal Court of Appeals